Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Small and simple things....

I took my little boys for a walk today to the store for a treat for cleaning up their bedroom. It was so sweet. We got to the store and got our drinks and cookies and headed for home. We live right next to the park so as we were walking by, Darrell asked if we could go swing. I figured why not, it is such a beautiful day today. Most of the leaves have fallen off the trees. So as they were running to the swings they heard them crunching under their feet. Darrell is obsessed with Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom right now so he of course knew he was munching bugs under his feet. I had to laugh. This is my absolute favorite season of the year. Some of my favorite things are.....

* The sound of leaves crunching under my feet.
* The sound the trees make when the wind blows through them.
* A roaring fire in our wood stoves.
* Sweaters that I get to pull out of my closet and wear.
* The crisp cool air in the mornings and evenings.


I am more thankful this time of year for obvious reasons. Thanksgiving is here to remind me to be. I want you all to know I am grateful for you and your love and friendship! I am thankful for 2 little boys and a wonderful husband that give me many reasons to be thankful.


Happy Thanksgiving Month!

4 comments:

WRYUN said...

Great Post! Ditto on everything.

123123 said...

You are so cute! I feel bad you leave such sweet comments on my facebook and blog and I don't think I've sent a reply! It's not because I was ignoring you... I promise!
I really do appreciate you!! :)

Sommer said...

Hi Lanise... I love fall too. Especially since we moved to Utah and we actually have fall. Kate just discovered the sound of leaves crunching a few weeks ago. This age really keeps me on my toes.
Those two boys are sure cute and sound like a lot of fun!

Joey & Tiffanye said...

I Love this post! I love all those things too! Great post