We have this great family that lives in Duncan that adopted us. Joe used to work for this family when he has a lot younger and they adopted him then and the kids and I were adopted as we came along. They got us tickets to ride the Polar Express Train for Christmas this year because they knew how fascinated the boys are with trains. It was such a sweet gift and we can't thank them enough.
I don't know who was more excited to ride a train, Darrell and Tad or ME! They had so much fun. We boarded at 6:30 p.m. and they gave all of us hot chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. They read the Polar Express book to us on the way to the North Pole. After about 30 minutes we got to the North Pole and we saw SANTA! Who knew he would still be around. He got on the train and visited all of the train cars. He gave each of the kids their very own bell. Darrell and Tad LOVE them! The ride back was for 30 more minutes and we sang Christmas Carols and had a ton of fun. It was to stinkin' cold to put them in their pajamas so we looked like hum-bugs in regular street clothes. Oh well. We are going to go back but I think next time we are going to go all the way to the grand canyon and stay the night then come back the next day. These aren't all of the pictures I wanted to post some are on another camera so I will post them as soon as I can get them.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
ALL ABOARD!!!
Posted by Lanise at 10:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So Cute! They do that here, and I can't wait until Spencer is old enough to do it. What a great gift!
Sounds like so much fun! It really is fun to ride all the way to the Grand Canyon. Definitely worth the time and money because the trip is great.
So fun!! I've never been on a train, that would be so awesome!!
WOW! I would love to do that someday. After living in Flagstaff for two years I have yet to see the Grand Canyon. Maybe we should all go together next year.
That sounds like SO much fun! We will have to do that some year. I never knew they did that! I love their bells
I have wanted to do this, but I can't convince Duane. We went and rode the Thomas train and Wiley loved it. But the actual ride wasn't what Duane expected. The ride only lasted about 20 min total. Not a lot to see in that amount of time. But Wiley loved it. Except Mr. Conductor scared him to death. With his big head and top hat. You should take them to see Thomas. They would love it.
Post a Comment