Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hey ya boo boo. . .

The boys and I got to go to Duncan this past weekend to visit family and just take a mini break and relax and we had a blast. The lightning and thunderstorms were amazing. I miss Duncan for their monsoon season. You have never seen a lightning storm like the ones that little area produces, they are beautiful. We enjoyed the rain and the smell of it and just the feeling that comes with it, you know the one where you just wanna bundle up on a porch swing and just watch and listen and swing, it is quite relaxing. On our way home, I saw what looked like a calf on the side of a hill and I have learned from previous experience, a bear looks a lot like a small baby cow from a distance so I slowed down a bit and low and behold, it was a bear! This is the 3rd bear I have seen in the wild but the first I have been able to capture pictures of. It was only about 100 yards off the highway and had no care that I was stopped taking its picture. It just walked along and ate. It was a pretty awesome experience to be so close and just willingly sit there and watch it. The adrenaline and excitement was very much present!

2 comments:

Rebel said...

WOAH! That's crazy awesome!

showlowhall@frontiernet.net said...

Lanise,
You are a great blogger!
Thanks for the photos, glad it wasn't hungry apparently!
Glad you got to go to Jo's brother's baby blessing. Doesn't California make you glad to see St. Johns?