I was reading Janae's post on her mothers day and I feel like I to should express how grateful I am that I am a mom. Today in sacrament meeting Sister Lunt, our relief society president gave a talk on motherhood. How sacred and divine our calling as mothers is. She shared a story about her daughter with us that just made me cry! (If any of you know me, it doesn't take much to do that!) She said her daughter was born a natural nurturer. She always had baby dolls around and was always taking care of them. All she wanted to do was be a mother. Marla said she told her once that she should have a hundred babies and she would set up cribs all over the house for them and she would help take care of them. Her daughter got married and soon found out that she would be a mother to a little boy. She was having problems and she said on a very cold December day her husband and her had to leave the hospital knowing that they would never hold that little baby in their arms. It broke my heart. The thought of not having my two beautiful children in my life is more than I can even imagine. I am so blessed to have them in my life. I am so grateful I have such an amazing mom that has helped me in raising my boys and everything else in my life. I can only hope that I can raise my children to be outstanding young men. To be strong members of the church and to hold the priesthood with honor. To all of you mom's that look at my blog, you are amazing women and I am so blessed to have you in my life! Thank you for all of your support and love and help. Your motherly instincts aren't only for your children, you have used them to help me at some point. Thank you and I hope you had a happy mothers day!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment