I haven't had a post where I just tell about all the crazy things that happen in OUR everyday life, so I am going to share the last 2 days with you. Yesterday, I was getting ready to go help my friend babysit and have a little play group. I had just gotten the boys ready and I was getting ready myself back in our bathroom. When I opened the door to leave I found a trail of shaving cream that went from the bathroom, through the laundry room, through the kitchen, into the front room. That is where I found them playing slip and slide across the room in shaving cream. They were slapping their hands together and it was flying everywhere!!! They were having a blast. I was trying to figure out how to clean this up! I got it clean and we were on our way after showers again! Darrell had a few accidents ( we are attempting to potty train ) but for the most part, the evening was good. Sometime in the night, Darrell climbed in bed with us. At about 3:30, Darrell wet the bed! So I got up and got everything and everyone clean and Darrell back to bed. Joe got up at around 5:00 this morning to get ready for work. He hollers out for me and when I go to the back room, I walk into about 2 inches of WATER!!! At some point the hose blew off our washing machine and water went EVERYWHERE. Our back room and bathroom was flooded! We hurried to mop it up and we got enough up that Joe could get in the shower and get off to work. He left and I finished cleaning up the water. Just in time before the boys woke up. Darrell did not do very well at all with potty training today. I was moping up little accidents all day and Tad fussed over EVERYTHING!
But at the end of today I was able to sing Tadlet to sleep, lay Darrell in his bed with his trains, tell him I loved him and without a fight, he went to sleep, Joe crashed on the couch and I have some time to myself! It wasn't that bad. Just another crazy day at our house! I LOVE MY LIFE!!!! (seriously)
I know a few of you are wondering about the house so I will give a little update. We have the kitchen/living room painted and half of the upper cabinets hung. Joe and I are going to finish putting cabinets in tomorrow and ceiling fans and light fixtures. We are very excited!!! I can't wait to get this project behind us.
Friday, July 18, 2008
When it rains, it pours!!
Posted by Lanise at 10:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ya, WE are so excited that you are finally getting cabinets in your kitchen. I (Lynaya) understand kids and daily life, but don't you they could give us a break and be good for just a minute or two. Good Luck, and whenever you need a break from them we are available to babysit.
Ok so my brain runs faster than my hands can type. So to fix my mistake, "Don't you THINK they could give us a break".
YIKES! Super crazy! I hope your next few days are better! I'd be sure to send them off to Aunt Lynaya, as long as she's offering! :)
Post a Comment