What a fun and productive weekend it was!!!
We relocated the boys sand box to the back yard under the Juniper tree so they have more shade and room! I thought my arms were going to fall off after carrying the eight railroad ties with Joe. It probably didn't help that we had helped my dad earlier that morning load 3 tons of pellets into our truck then from the truck into the shed for my gram this winter! Then we went and got new sand for the sand box out in Richeville. I had no idea sand was so cheap! We got it done and they love it! It is world war three trying to get them out of it to go anywhere, they just want to stay and play in it all day!
We built our piggies a new pen! Holy smokes those stupid things can SCREAM!!!!! They are still small enough that Joe and I could just carry them. So Joe sent me in the stinky muddy pen they were in to grab them by their back legs and "wheel barrow" them out. So me wanting to look tough (I have a problem with this) I say no prob and went in to get them. I learned my lesson. They stink they are loud and they are strong little beasts. I got the little one "PIGGY BANK" over to Joe but "BACON" is a little bigger than Piggy Bank and was a little more intimidating and stronger than the runt so Joe had to crawl in there with me and catch her. After she was caught I was tough again! ha ha ha we put a grain sack over her head grabbed her by all fours and ran! I am shocked the cops weren't called over. It seriously sounded like we were ripping someones toe nails off! Glad it is over was way fun though to build the pen and move pigs with Joe and have some time together, even if it was stinky!
We got the back yard all cleaned up and got some much needed relax time next to a little bonfire! It was nice to just sit and chat or not to chat just sit together and enjoy each others company! I don't get many pictures of Joe but this one I got, I love!!!
Sunday was our day of rest! ha ha ha we went for a drive up to Big Lake to see the areas that were burned and enjoy the cool air and the beautiful views. We saw SEVEN huge Mule deer bucks right when we got into Round Valley! Seriously why couldn't we have seen them in an unprotected area two weeks ago during archery season!!! The boys decided they wanted to push down a tree and be cool like Paul Bunyon and they were successful in pushing over a small tree!!! Ha ha ha Being Sunday and a way good day at church, I was already feeling thankful for my Father in Heaven and what he has given me and done for me and my family and going for a drive up the mountain and taking in all the amazing things that were surrounding me just made me realize even more how blessed me and my family really are!
It was a great end to a great weekend!!!!
5 comments:
I'm so jealous! I can't wait to have some land to call my own again, and raise some Bacon for myself :)
Wow! What a crazy weekend!! I can't imagine moving piggies....way to go! Looks like you guys had some great family time! The boys are cute as ever and getting bigger every time you post!
You may not believe me but I'm jealous of your wide open spaces! y'all got a nice place there, we hope to visit someday :)
4 bucks!!! No kidding, we needed them a couple weeks ago, or next month in my area... I still can't believe how awesome of pictures you take.. I love it.
Holy smokes that bonfire pic looked fake! I'm so glad y'all are posting more often so we get to see your cute youngins'
Post a Comment