Friday, January 27, 2012

Catch up!!!!

I didn't realize it had been since November that I posted last. So I thought I would do a real quick post. Our holidays were really fun and went really well and that is how our new year has been so far!
Lets see . . .

IT SNOWED!!!

Back in December and that was the last time besides random dustings and by morning it was gone so we didn't even get a chance to build a snow man. The boys were out playing in it till 9:00 p.m. then I made them come in. They weren't very happy.
Then we had Christmas! There were to many pictures to choose from to add any but it was a great Christmas. The boys loved their gifts and we enjoyed the family time. We had a blast at our annual Rogers Family Christmas Party! I need to get pictures from someone, this year we had the ugliest sweater contest. It was hilarious!

"The Polar Express"

Every year we get our kiddos one big present and a few smaller ones and this year they got tickets to go ride The Polar Express!!! They had so much fun. They were so excited and it was a lot more fun this go round for all of us cause they were older and way, way more excited.


They drew pictures for Santa . . .

Anxiously waited for the train to start . . .

Gave a "CHEERS" to good times . . .

And finally got to meet SANTA!


All the kids were given a bell from Santa as a gift!
We had a ton of fun and will being taking another train ride sooner than later if Darrell has his way. We loved everything about it!

Two days after the polar express, we packed our bags and drove all the way to . . .
Dallas, TX!!!
It was so much fun! The farthest east I had ever been was New Mexico so it was that much more exciting for me! We went to visit Joe's little brother and his wife for the blessing of their baby girl. I would snatch her up every second I could, it was love at first sight! ha ha ha She is the prettiest little thing! I even got her to laugh at me! It was a fun trip, all of Joes siblings and his parents were able to make it and it was so much fun to get to spend a few days together.

We went to the Dallas Zoo . . .





Tad got in some Uncle Drew time!

Had a little family get together complete with family pictures at the Stake Center, I snapped a few of the kids while they burnt some energy that I will post later, this is getting kinda long . . .


And I took as many pictures of Brooklyn as I could!
She is as sweet as blueberry cobbler smothered in vanilla ice cream!

We love you Drew and Staci!!!! Thanks for the great time!!!!
We have now returned to real life and back into the swing of things with school and work and what have you. We are almost finished with the bathroom remodel but I will save that for another
"Real Quick Post"

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've been on the Grand Canyon Railroad before and LOVED it!! Looks like it's still a wonderful trip. It was so great to see your whole family in Dallas. What a fun vacation!!

AguasGirl said...

I love it... you did some awesome photography! Glad Christmas went well for you guys!

Lynaya said...

I want you to share your Dallas pictures with me. I got home and realized that we didn't take very many pictures. We didn't even get one of Brooklyn. We loved seeing everyone.