Joe and I both got drawn for a "Trophy Cow Elk" hunt! That is what we call. ha ha ha I am so so so stoked!!! IT WILL go better than our deer hunts! Hopefully we are both successful in harvesting an elk and putting meat in our freezer! I am excited for the experience! We put in for both archery and rifle and got drawn for the September rifle hunt.
The last month has been crazy and hectic and I haven't taken the five minutes to post what I should have. My little brother Blake was in a motorcycle accident the day after Valentines Day that should have taken his life. He tore his aorta and blood vessels to his kidneys and collapsed his lung. He lost a lot of blood was in pretty bad shape. They had him sedated in the ICU for almost three weeks, letting everything heal. They told us that after he woke up he would have to go to physical therapy for about three weeks. They had to do a tracheotomy cause they can only leave a ventilation tube in for so long so they put his trache in after about two and a half weeks and let him wake up from the surgery. After he woke up he was moved out of ICU and into a regular room where they estimated he would be for a couple of weeks before heading off to physical therapy for three more weeks. He told my mom and dad he would be out of the hospital completely, no physical therapy in a week and sure enough he was out within less than a week. These past six weeks my family has witnessed miracles and felt comfort and peace from our Father in Heaven and everyone around us! It has increased my faith and testimony in prayer and reassured me of the love my Heavenly Father has for me and my family. I am so grateful Blake has made it through this and he is here with us! We love him to pieces. Dang kid got out of the hospital on a Saturday and made my parents take him to church the next day. What a strong spirit he has! He came home with my parents that Monday stayed a week and went back home. Went to the doctors Tuesday and was back in school and work by Wednesday! I am glad he is getting stronger and doing great! We Love ya Blakers!!!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012
We got drawn!!!!
Posted by Lanise at 11:42 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Glad to hear all this good news, especially about your brother. What a wonderful experience. :)
Oh my gosh, when my dad told me about Blake, I got chills, and knew he has a great purpose here! To survive something like that, with everything that happened is a miracle. We are so so glad he is on the mend and doing so well! Many prayers were headed his way from here! Yay for the draw!! Good Luck, hopefully, you bag something awesome!
So glad to hear he is better! We were praying for y'all!
That is so scary! I had no idea you had all that going on. So glad he is still here!
Post a Comment