Monday, June 18, 2012

Mud men and scoutin' time

We love getting irrigation at our house. We look forward to it as much as we do the 4th of July! The month before it is supposed to come, the boys start asking, " Is today the day we get water?" This is the result of their irrigating fun the day after we get water and all the ditch is is a muddy sick mess! I love it though, little boys and mud go together like peaches and cream! I do believe Ky has a picture of Doc the dog that strangely resembles these of the boys in my fountain. I don't think I will ever get to enjoy it as a fountain. It is dubbed the new hot tub!!!

 (stolen from Ky and Lynaya's blog)







For Fathers day we decided to drive around the unit we got drawn for for our elk hunt this year. We were just checking for roads and water and sign. Kind of getting familiar with the unit which is a huge unit! On our drive we came across this little homestead that I thought was really awesome! I love old buildings and I love trying to imagine what it would have been like to live back then. The second picture is of the inside. The wood is probably just a bed roll or twin bed size bed frame. That was about all that would fit inside. Maybe an old wood cook stove. It was really neat to see. I could not even imagine having to stack all those rocks!

 One of the roads we went on took us to the backside of the power plant that Joe works at. We were able to get really close to it. I didn't think to take a picture till we were farther away. The boys really enjoyed seeing where there dad worked and had a million questions to ask about how things were ran there. I love their curiosity!

It was a great way to spend the day with an amazing father and husband!!! 
WE LOVE YOU DADDY!!!

2 comments:

Lynaya said...

OH, I don't think I could handle all that mud. It does look like a lot of fun though. Maybe we will have to come and play in the mud on of these days.

Lexa said...

Love the mud! Can't wait to get some of our own with monsoons!